How we help

Home   How we help

To help disabled women in the UK you can easily give to charity by donating on this website and improve their lives, anything small or large is most welcome. This donation will be a real financial help for ill women no matter what the amount.

All applications for money from Margaret’s Fund must be made through a caring professional such as a Social Worker, a Registered Charity Worker or a Doctor or other Health Care worker. This means that you know your donation will be going to someone who has been carefully vetted – we only give money to people who have applied through Caring Professionals and who are genuinely in need.

We only give grants to women who are in financial need – and who are in ill health or suffering from a health-related problem. To assist you, here is a rough guide to how Margaret’s Fund normally helps successful applicants

For reasons associated with the history of the charity, we tend to favour these conditions in order of importance:

  • Women with TB.
  • Women with chest related or pulmonary illnesses.
  • Women with other illnesses.

Grants are made for:

  • aids for disability
  • extra comforts
  • convalescent holidays (holidays to recover from illness)
  • clothing
  • extra nourishment
  • extra heating

We will not help with the relief of debt, nor with hire purchase liabilities.

We help poor women with assistance such as disability grants, funding for electric mobility, for finance for medical equipment and so on.

Recently Margaret’s made grants for items such as a

  • stairlift (£500)
  • mobility scooter (£400)
  • recliner chair (£500)
  • cooker (£300)
  • Respite Break (£200)
  • computer (£400)

If an application is successful and a grant is made, the cheque from Margaret’s Fund will be not be made directly to the applicant but will be paid through a caring professional such as a Local Authority Social Worker, or a Registered Charity or a Hospital.

Have a closer look at how the process works:

The application process

If after reading this you feel yourself to be in the right position, that is a caring professional who wants to apply for grant assistance on behalf of a poor woman in your care, please click here and make an application.

If you have never registered as a caring professional on before, you can do so here. After you have done that, you can make your application(s).

If you wish to make a donation,  please go to the donation page here.