MARGARET’S FUND Terms and Conditions
All applications for money from Margaret’s Fund must be made through a caring professional such as a Social Worker, a Registered Charity Worker or a Doctor or other Health Care worker.
We only give grants to women who are in financial need – and who are in ill health or suffering from a health-related problem.
We can only give money when the charity has sufficient funds to cover grant donations, so not everybody who applies to the fund, irrespective of whether their grant application meets all the criteria, actually gets a grant award. This is determined by both eligibility and available funds. Also, Margaret’s Fund is not a large organisation and does not employ large amounts of staff. It often takes a long time for us to reply to a fund request.
Grants are made for:
- aids for disability
- extra comforts
- convalescent holidays (holidays to recover from illness)
- extra nourishment
- extra heating
- medical equipment
- other materials at the discretion of Margaret’s Fund
We will not help with the relief of debt, nor with hire purchase liabilities, repairs and alterations, transport, general/ongoing funding or educational grants.
If an application is successful and a grant is made, the cheque from Margaret’s Fund will be not be made directly to the applicant but will be paid through a caring professional such as a Local Authority Social Worker, or a Registered Charity or a Hospital.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
By making an application you agree to the following terms and conditions at the time of making your application to us. Please read carefully and if you disagree do not make your application.
- You hereby certify that you have adopted and regularly review safeguarding policies for vulnerable service users under your care.
- When you submit information about a person in your care you take responsibility for that information and you certify that you have their explicit consent to share their data.
- You hereby certify that you have policies in respect of the prevention of extremism and terrorism which you are satisfied meet the current practice guidelines of the Charity Commission applicable to the activities which you undertake.
- Receipt of the grant will be acknowledged by you and confirmation made by letter that the money has or will be spent on the purpose approved by MARGARET’S FUND.
- In accepting MARGARET’S FUND’s grant, you are confirming that our donation will not be used to fund the employment of an external fundraising agent nor will it be used to fund commission payments where a third party has been used to raise funds on your behalf.
- No material changes to the statements made on the application form will be made without the written agreement of MARGARET’S FUND.
- MARGARET’S FUND will be informed, in writing, of any proposed changes relating to grant expenditure as soon as it happens.
- You will keep a financial record of the spending of the grant and retain a copy of any appropriate invoices and receipts and submit these to MARGARET’S FUND if requested.
- MARGARET’S FUND may wish to see evidence the work or equipment funded by the grant and if requested you must provide it.
- Any part of the grant that is not required for the purpose approved or not spent within the agreed timescale will be refunded to MARGARET’S FUND.
- MARGARET’S FUND reserves the right to withhold a grant or require repayment for any reason and in particular if it finds that any form of deliberately false or misleading information was provided to MARGARET’S FUND.
- MARGARET’S FUND reserves the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if the applicant becomes insolvent or goes into administration, receivership or liquidation, and if the grant has not already been spent on its intended purpose.
- Any assets of value purchased with the aid of a grant should be retained and used for the agreed purpose. If used for another purpose or disposed of, this must be reported to MARGARET’S FUND who reserve the right to require repayment of the value of the asset or the transfer of it to another beneficiary.
- You will indemnify us or procure an indemnity against any liability arising from any claim made against us in connection with or arising from our grant.
- You agree that we may publicise the grant and use any of your own material in doing so.
- Margaret’s Fund will often not award a grant and Margaret’s Fund is under no obligation whatsoever to furnish any reason for non-awards.
WEBSITES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can access our Websites without having to register any details with us.
We only permit users who are over the age of 18 to use our Websites. In order for you to use these Websites, you must be at least 18 years old. By signing up for a user account and/or by using this Websites, you certify that you are 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
You agree that you will not use, reproduce, modify, transmit, display, publish, sell, create derivative works, or distribute by any means, or process whatsoever, now known or hereafter developed, any content of this Websites. We hold all rights to content on this Websites.
The Websites may provide interactive areas on the Websites. Margaret’s Fund may, in its sole discretion, terminate your access to interactive areas at any time, with or without notice. You are solely responsible for your use of the interactive areas, including:
- your own actions and communications and the consequences of those actions, including the consequences that result from posting communications on the Websites and the Content of your postings;
- compliance with all rules and procedures of this Websites;
- ensuring that you provide accurate and complete information when creating a user account or filling in details on behalf of a person in your care; and
- ensuring that all Content that you submit does not contain third party copyrighted material or that you are otherwise legally entitled to post the Content and grant Margaret’s Fund the licenses set forth herein.
Margaret’s Fund does not assume any responsibility for content, including any material, data, communications, text, images, video, sound, and interactive features (collectively, the “Content”) you may view on this Websites, access through these Websites or that is posted on the interactive areas, including the truthfulness, accuracy, quality, completeness or reliability of any such Content. Margaret’s Fund does not endorse any Content submitted to the Websites by any user, or any opinion or recommendation or advice expressed therein.
You retain your right to any Content you submit to any part of this Websites. By submitting Content to the Websites, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted) to Margaret’s Fund (and its successors and affiliates) a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, fully-transferable license and right to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication (or any derivative work based thereon) either alone or as part of other works in any form, whether now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose. Such license will be fully transferable by assignment, sublicense (including multiple tiers of sublicenses) or any other means. Except as described here, any Content which you post on the Websites is considered to be non-exclusive.
By submitting your email address to the Websites, and clicking the data permission box, you consent to being placed on Margaret’s Fund’s mailing lists and thereby receiving e-mail correspondence from Margaret’s Fund, including newsletters, event advertisements, and Websites updates. You may remove your e-mail address from the applicable mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail from Margaret’s Fund. Although Margaret’s Fund will promptly remove your e-mail address from its mailing list, you may still receive any e-mails that are initiated before your e-mail address is removed from the list.
USER CONDUCT AND REMOVAL OF CONTENT
You agree that you will not engage in any actions, or submit any Content, that is defamatory, offensive, objectionable, prohibited, or illegal, as determined by Margaret’s Fund in its sole discretion. Without limitation, actions or Content that shall be considered defamatory, offensive, objectionable, prohibited or illegal include the following:
- Use of any of the interactive areas that could expose Margaret’s Fund to any liability or detriment, or for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting or otherwise disseminating material that violates or infringes on any third party’s intellectual property rights, proprietary or contractual rights, or privacy or publicity rights;
- Posting or otherwise disseminating material that is objectionable to Margaret’s Fund or the Websites, including, but not limited to, material that is unlawful, fraudulent, obscene, defamatory, threatening, abusive, hateful, pornographic, harmful to minors, promoting illegal activity, or embarrassing to another person or entity, as determined by Margaret’s Fund at its sole discretion;
- PPosting or otherwise disseminating personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- Posting spam or comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free form) or that otherwise disrupt the normal flow of dialogue;
- Posting or otherwise disseminating advertisements or solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, unsolicited bulk e-mail to users or individuals that have not agreed to receive such mailings, or other advertising or marketing that violates these Terms, or any applicable laws, regulations, or generally accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments;
- Accessing the Websites with another user’s account, service, or system without authorization from Margaret’s Fund, impersonating another person, falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting an affiliation with any person or entity, or creating or using a false identity on the Websites;
- Disclosing your own or another user’s identification or password to third parties, or using your own or any other user’s identification or passwords for any unauthorized purpose;
- Attempting to obtain unauthorized access to, posting to, or tampering with restricted areas of the Websites;
- Disrupting or interfering with the security or proper working of, or otherwise abusing (including vulnerability scans), this Websites, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers, or networks connected or accessible through these Websites or affiliated or linked sites;
- Disrupting or interfering with any other user’s enjoyment of the Websites or affiliated or linked sites; or
- Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or large load on the Websites’ infrastructure.
We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details or any person posting materials to our Websites in breach of this Section.
Margaret’s Fund reserves the right to monitor, record, edit, or remove any Content on the interactive areas for any reason.
You should access our Websites only with due regard for your own safety and the safety of others.
These Websites and all information, products, and services available through these Websites are provided on an “as is” basis. You agree that use of these Websites or any associated information, products, and services is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Margaret’s Fund and successors and its affiliates disclaim all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or obtained from Margaret’s Fund or through this site shall create any warranty. You acknowledge that any reliance on any information, products, or services appearing on these Websites shall be at your sole risk, and you hereby waive any rights you may have had regarding any representation or warranty, express or implied, on the part of Margaret’s Fund and its affiliates regarding the functioning and use of this Websites.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Margaret’s Fund or its successors and affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever and howsoever arising, including any such damages resulting from a claim by any party relating to the use of these Websites or any associated information, products, and services, or your use of or inability to use this site. Furthermore, Margaret’s Fund and its successors and affiliates shall not be liable for damages relating to the use of third-party sites linked to the Websites.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of certain warranties or the limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages. In such jurisdictions, the liability of Margaret’s Fund will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Margaret’s Fund and its successors and affiliates, as well as its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, licensors, and suppliers, from and against any damages or claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, regardless of whether they are attributable to any act or omission of Margaret’s Fund and its successors and affiliates, in connection with (1) your use of the Websites, (2) your breach of these Terms, (3) your negligent or wrongful conduct, (4) your access to or use of any third party Websites linked to from the Websites, (5) Content posted by you, (6) your violation of these Terms or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any trademark, copyright or other proprietary or privacy right, or (7) the infringement by you of any right of any person or entity. This indemnification provision shall apply to third-party claims as well as claims between the parties to these Terms.
The content of the Websites, including the Content and the trademarks, service marks and logos on the Websites, are the property of Margaret’s Fund or third-party licensees. You may not modify or transfer the Content, or otherwise make use of the Content for any purpose, without Margaret’s Fund’s and/or the other respective owner’s prior written permission, except as expressly permitted on the Websites.
Any other trademarks or service marks appearing anywhere on our Websites are the property of their respective owners. To the extent any product name or logo does not appear with a trademark does not constitute a waiver of any and all intellectual property rights that Margaret’s Fund or its business has established in any of its products, features, or service names or logos.
SITE UPTIME, UPKEEP
The Content of the Websites is subject to change any time without notice. At any time, Margaret’s Fund may terminate, change, or suspend any aspect of the Websites, temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. Margaret’s Fund is not obligated to continue to support or update the Websites. Margaret’s Fund may impose limits on certain features or services or restrict your access to parts, or all of, this Websites. While we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our Websites is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, Websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to technical issues. While we take every effort to ensure that all content provided on the Websites does not contain computer viruses and /or harmful materials, you should take reasonable precautions to scan for computer viruses or otherwise protect your computer and you should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of applicable items on your computer. We disclaim any liability for the need for services or replacing equipment or data resulting from your use of the Site. While every effort is made to ensure smooth and continuous operation, we do not warrant the Site will operate error free.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Any links furnished through our Websites are provided to you for your convenience and any inclusion of a third-party link shall in no way be construed as an endorsement by us of the Websites(s) or their content.
If you would like to link to our Websites, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page of our Websites or portions of our Websites, and subject to the following conditions:
(a) You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
(b) You do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us.
If you choose to link our Websites in breach of this Section, you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
These Terms and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by You.
We make no representations that the content or the Websites is appropriate or that it may be used or downloaded outside of the United Kingdom. Access to the Websites and/or content may not be legal in certain countries outside of the United Kingdom. If you access the Websites from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of the jurisdiction from which you access the Websites.
Our Websites was created and is controlled by Margaret’s Fund in the State of New York, United Kingdom of America. The Websites and its content, and any disputes arising therefrom shall be construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York and applicable United Kingdom federal laws. Use of our Websites constitutes agreement of the user to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located therein.
Margaret’s Fund maintains the Websites from offices in the United Kingdom. These Websites may be accessed from countries outside the United Kingdom. If you access or use the Websites from outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with your local laws and regulations.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE TERMS
Margaret’s Fund may, at any time amend these Terms by posting the amended Terms to these Websites and you agree to be bound by these modifications. Any modifications shall become effective immediately upon posting. You should periodically review the most up-to-date version of these Terms for any changes.
Margaret’s Fund may immediately terminate these Terms or terminate your access to these Websites with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Such termination shall take effect immediately, unless Margaret’s Fund provides otherwise in any notice. Upon account termination, your right to use these Websites immediately ceases and you acknowledge and agree that Margaret’s Fund may immediately delete any files and data relating to your account, and bar any further access to such data or to the Websites.
Write to us at:
Margaret’s Fund P.O. Box 135, Buntingford, SGll 2XJ
You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org